Fill Me With Your Desires

      For so long, now, I have been filling myself with everything I want, and everything that I believe will fill me. I don't want that anymore. It's hard to say what has changed. I think it started when I realized that nothing really satisfies me. Nothing. The most beautiful piece of music, the sweetest conversation, and the greatest view in the world do nothing to heal this ache in my heart for I don't know what. Then, I don't know when, I started asking myself, "Is this all you really want? Is this all there is?" The answer is no. I have spent too long cutting myself off from the source of life, the only One who can heal me of this ache. I am not worthy, I know. Neither am I capable of giving God back everything He deserves. But this I do know: when I look at Him and I say, "I am an empty vessel, fill me with Your desires," He does not hesitate. This life I live will be an exploration of those desires.
        Here's to the adventure of walking with God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Poems, & A Few Thoughts

Means Less

Current