November Poems

The Weeping Daughter
The light here is blue
And yet the ground is red.
All is collision where I sit,
With my problems still unsaid.
I am weak, You are strong
Of course all this true.
But nothing is its proper color
So what am I to do?
I whisper and I weep,
Floating in a purple daze
You bring me back to blood stained earth,
By Your Love that always stays.
It is tranquil blue, yet fiery red.
I cannot understand it.
Help me penetrate this mystery,
Show me how the colors fit.


I Would Like...
I would like to see
Without thought of being seen.
I would like to speak
Without fear of being overheard.
I would like to end
These fierce desires stirred.
My heart glows warm, beats cold
Wanting what it cannot hold.

I would like to know
Without ever being known.
I would like to take
Without ever being taken.
I would like to stay
Half asleep while awakened
To the cadence of your voice
Painting the soft white noise.

I would like to leave
Without wishing I could stay.
I would like to walk
Without your ghost beside me.
I would like to go on living
And never sell the key
To these secret, precious thoughts
You have caused but never sought.


The Bridge
All the trees are ablaze
And so is my heart.
Set in rapturous flames
By our story that starts
When you, brave and bold
Approach me in my vigil
You have watched while I waited
Now we meet in the middle
Of this bridge built on hope
All covered with scars
It is where love is begun
And it is where we are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Poems, & A Few Thoughts

Means Less

Current