Me and My Incredible Boyfriend

      I hope all of you read the title and started thinking, "Oh yes! Rachel is going to talk all about her relationship with her boyfriend! This ought to be good." If you thought that, way to go. That's exactly what I'm going to talk about.
       My boyfriend is incredible. There's no other way to put it. In this crazy world full of egotistical males, I am so glad I have finally decided to wait for someone as incredible as my boyfriend. Incidentally, I am still waiting.
      How did we meet? Well, I will tell how you about all the opportune moments we could have met, but did not.
     *We did NOT meet all those times when I went to watch the sunset on the Amazon River. It would have been a great time for him to introduce himself to me (such a romantic and exotic setting), but he did not.
     *We did NOT meet during any of my quiet walks under the stars after the lights went out at my boarding school. (I'm glad we didn't. I probably would have run away)
     *We did NOT meet while I was making beds and feeling lonely in Missouri last summer.
     *We did NOT meet when I was a child in diapers. (No Anne and Gilbert relationship here)
     *We did NOT meet that day when I slipped in the rain and hurt my leg. Personally, I wouldn't have minded meeting him then, but he didn't show up.
      So, since we haven't met yet, what do we do together? There isn't much we can do with each other, but there are things I do for him. I pray for him, asking God to protect him from the world and help him become a leader I can follow. In the meantime, I do not spend my days crying over the fact that we have not met yet. I am glad we have not met because I know that I am not ready for him. I am confident that God can and will provide someone in His time. He has always given me good gifts, so I'm sure when my boyfriend finally shows up, he will be incredible. Do you know why? Because he will belong to God, not to me.

Comments

  1. Awesome Rachel! That is so good to hear. I am at the same place right now...but more working on the its in Gods hands thing then you I think. :-) I miss you, I miss your whole family. You are such a special person and God definitely has some awesome special guy out there for you. I love you! Margie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Margie. It means a lot to me that you are reading this and that you agree with me. I pray you are doing well. I reread that notebook we used to pass back and forth when you were a senior. There were some really cool things you put in there. I love you too girl!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Poems, & A Few Thoughts

Means Less

Current