Miss Elaini

Today I want to write about someone very special: Miss Elaini.

I first heard about Miss Elaini on the Rebelution blog. All I knew then was that she was going to wear 1 dress for 100 days in order to help orphans in India. I very quickly discovered that there is a lot more to this story. I started reading her blog miss elaini ous', and found out a few things about this amazing girl.

Elaini has always struggled with health problems. For many years, she was unable to attend college because her health was so bad. It was a difficult time. On her blog, Elaini writes, "Over the next four years, I struggled not to go completely crazy from the pain and sleepless night." Yet, despite all this sadness and physical pain, Elaini has chosen to rely on God. She believes that God can and will use her pain for good.

A lot of times, I meet people like this who say that God will use their pain for good, and then they just sit there waiting for Him to do it. Elaini is not one of those people. The pain God has brought her through has given her compassion for those in need. She has always wanted to go to India, but her health has prevented her. Combining her gift for fashion and her desire to help the orphans in India, she decided to create her 1 dress for 100 days project. Her goal was to raise $50, 000 for the orphans in India.

Elaini has truly been an inspiration to me. Her love for others and for God, despite her own personal pain and discomfort has helped me realize how selfish I am with my time and my talents. Through her example, God has shown me how He can use one person who is willing to do what He asks them to do no matter what it is.

I want to encourage you to follow Elaini's example and give your time and talents to God. If you want to read her blog and give to her cause, go to www.misselainious.com.

And Elaini, if you're reading this, thank you so much for all you've done in the past few months. I thank God for your willingness to obey Him. Thank you.

Comments

  1. And it doesn't even take a serious illness to get most of us down. We get distracted by our deficiencies and lose sight of God's sufficiency. I'm glad people like this girl are around to remind us that God has the power to fulfill His will. He just needs willing people to step out in faith.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Poems, & A Few Thoughts

Means Less

Current