Snapshots

Here I am
Barefoot and cold,
Kicking up moments in the grey
Their sunset edges bright
Red, orange, and gold,
The remains of a grace filled day.

Here I am
Pretty but sad
Laughing at empty jokes that fall
Dead on the ground with their
Parachutes broken,
An attempt to make gladness crawl.

Here I am
Thoughtful by night
Filling the moonlit hours with songs,
Notes binding open wounds
'Neath blustering skies.
Mercy's salt makes a weak voice strong.

Here I am
Walking through fog
Lamps gleam above, unblinking eyes
Guard the way with golden
Beams, faith's true color,
For tomorrow the sun will rise.

Here I am
Rambling and lost
Finding my way through freezing rain
To where you stand, arms and
Umbrella open
To shield and strengthen in the pain.

Here I am
Hugging you close
As we take the rudder and steer
A clear path through this storm,
Smiling at lightning.
We are bound for home. Do not fear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Poems, & A Few Thoughts

Means Less

Marveling