Health Update: Gu Syndrome

This is a quick update for anyone interested in my Lyme journey. The past couple of months have been up and down physically. I had a pretty bad bout of bronchitis back in December, and was very unmotivated to do much but rest. Thankfully I was able to do a lot of that and only had to show up for piano lessons in the evenings.

Yesterday I went to see my doctor and while there is still a lot going on in my body, we were both pleased by the fact that I was able to fight off the bronchitis with a minimum of antibiotics. A year ago, I would not have been able to do that. When she read for Lyme with the bio meridian machine, it wasn't as strong as it has been the past few times, which was also super encouraging. We decided to take a break from the tinctures I've been taking for that in order to focus on a new, exciting thing we found in my body: Gu Syndrome.

Side note: try saying Gu Syndrome, pronounced "Goo Syndrome." It's fun.

I only just found out about this syndrome yesterday so I don't know much about it, yet. As far as I can tell, though, it is a chronic inflammatory syndrome, or a deeply rooted group of pathogens that may include Lyme spirochetes, fungus, or viruses, or all of the above. My doctor did a reading for it, and also checked it against my symptoms over the past year. We both agreed that there would appear to be a lot of gooey nastiness going on in my body. As they say on eHarmony, "It's a match!" We are treating it using Serpent Pearls, which come to us from the beautiful country of China.

I was able to go to a wedding this past weekend in Texas, which was very uplifting for me on a lot of levels. It was really good to see old friends from college, and to hear what everyone is doing. A year ago, I wouldn't have been able to do a trip like that with all the late nights and non-Lyme diet foods. I have had to rest a lot since I came back from it, and my body is definitely not happy with me for eating certain things. Still, I haven't had to stay at home in bed since I got back, and I consider that a big victory.

A huge thank you to everyone who has prayed for me, sent me little encouraging notes, or donated to my Go Fund Me. I never would have been able to get to where I am without your support.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Poems, & A Few Thoughts

Means Less

Current