Dearest: A Found Poem.

Dearest,
   Face those facts,
   Let them be a part of
      Your metabolism.
   Do not live in a vacuum,
      That is not your life.

Dearest,
   Face this fact:
      In the early time,
      when you can't sleep,
      I am ready to listen.
      Everything is important to me.

Dearest,
   Face this fact:
      Beyond the trees,
      there are always more trees.

Dearest,
   Face this fact:
      No one escapes.
      No one does not struggle.
      We are all wrestlers.

Dearest,
   I give you this fact:
     We will untangle the knots,
                   wrestle the frustration,
                   vanquish the despair.

Dearest,
   Face this fact as I face it with you:
      You have everything
           you need.
      God is enough.

Dearest,
   From my heart to yours,
             my life to yours,
    I give you this fact:
               Life never stops,
               and I am always
               here for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Poems, & A Few Thoughts

Means Less

Current